Share this page.
The Arc's Clinical Services offices are located at 36 Chapel Street in Mount Morris New York. For referrals, please contact Clinical Administrative Assistant Veronica Spencer at (585) 658-2828 ext. 368.
If you have any questions please contact the Coordinator of Clinical Services Cathy Shaffer, RN (585) 658-2828 ext. 367.
Addresses individuals’ gross motor skills as they relate to work, home life and recreation. Several aspects go into this practice:
• Muscle weakness/pain/flexibility/body mechanics
• Arthritis/joint problems
• Need for: cane/walker/wheelchair/braces/splints/etc.
• Environmental safety/ergonomic assessments/
• Home exercise program
• Gait/gait belt training/balance
• Transfer training, mobility training including power
• Wheelchair evaluations
• Fall prevention
• Recreational ideas for fitness
• Body mechanics
Amy Konopka, RD (585) 658-2828 ext. 365
• Nutrition screening/assessment/diet prescriptions
• Nutrition counseling for weight loss, heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, reading food labels, making healthy food/lifestyle choices, meal planning and food shopping etc.
• Nutrition training and in-servicing for staff
• Monthly weight tracking for Residential consumers
• Meal audits and cycle menu assistance
• Food safety education
Krystin M. Petzoldt, M.S., CCC-SLP/L (585) 658-2828 ext. 130
The Speech-Language Pathologist is the professional who engages in clinical services (habilitation and rehabilitation), prevention, advocacy, education, research, etc. in the areas of communication and swallowing across the lifespan.
Areas that are evaluated, diagnosed, and treated included (but not limited to): speech (how we talk), language (spoken and written language -- listening, processing, speaking, reading, writing, pragmatics), cognition (attention, memory, problem solving, and executive functions), and swallowing.
The overall objective of speech therapy services at The Arc is to optimize individuals' ability to swallow and communication through a variety of means, and in turn, improve quality of life. (ASHA, 2016.)
Social Work Services
Lori Maloney, LCSW (585) 658-2828 ext. 366
Daniel Gallagher, MSW (585) 658-2828 ext. 301
Social Work Services specialize in the following areas:
• Assessment consultation and recommendation.
• Person centered therapy with eclectic approach
• Psycho-educational support groups
• Art therapy
• Creative/play therapy
• Cognitive behavioral therapy
• Stress management
• Anger management
• Grief and loss
• Human sexuality
• Social skills including social stories
• Relationship skills
• Supportive therapies
• Training and education
Sara James, OTR (585) 658-2828 ext. 362
• Sensory processing/integration needs
• Fine motor & gross motor deficits
• Personal care (ADLs & IADLs)
• Craniosacral myofascial release therapy
• Range of motion & strengthening
• Cognitive deficits and adapted equipment
Dr. Robert Valenti, Ph.D. / Certified School Psychologist / NYS Licensed Psychologist
• Sexual consent assessments
• Psychological evaluations, IQ, and adaptive behavior testing
• Informed consent determinations
• Health care proxy
For referrals, please contact Clinical Administrative Assistant Veronica Spencer at (585) 658-2828 ext. 368.