Dear Families, Caregivers, People Supported & Employees,
We are writing to update you on The Arc of Livingston-Wyoming’s plans to respond to the current outbreak of respiratory disease caused by the novel (new) Coronavirus 2019 abbreviated “COVID-19”.
We are closely monitoring the guidance from the New York State Department of Health (DOH) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) on how to manage a potential outbreak in our region. At the present time, we are focused on prevention and will follow any State and Local Health Department Guidelines for social isolation if necessary. There are no plans to close any facilities or services at this time.
- Hand washing classes are being held across all day services
- Encouraging good etiquette with coughing and sneezing
- Encouraging no handshaking or hugs
- Encouraging everyone to stay home if they are sick
- Monitoring for signs and symptoms of illness
- Anyone with signs of any illness is provided a mask, isolated in a separate area and sent home
- Increased vigilance for cleaning and disinfecting of commonly touched surfaces
Please see attached information provided by the New York State Department of Health and National Alliance for Direct Support Professionals:
- Symptoms of COVID-19
- Protect yourself from COVID-19 and stop the spread of germs
- Coronavirus information for Direct Support Professionals
Should you have any questions about the information provided, please feel free to contact us by phone or email.
Director of Day Services
585-658-3311 x 203
Director of Residential Services
585-658-2828 x 141
585-658-4023 x 4403