Open Roads Day Habilitation is a productive and meaningful retirement option for older people who no longer desire to work.
Our program provides older persons with disabilities with the opportunity to participate in leisure activities of their choice such as community outings, recreation and physical activities, crafts and parties.
Open Roads is a sister program to Uptown Day Habilitation. Both Uptown and Open Roads programs provide assistance in acquiring, retaining or improving the skills needed to perform daily activities away from home.
Additionally, both programs and their participants spend time giving back to the community through volunteerism and participation in local civic and community opportunities.
Our Day Habilitation programs have supported these partners:
- US Army Corps of Engineers at the Mt. Morris Dam
- Livingston County Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Letchworth Central School Backpack Program
- Arc Events
- Springwater Fire Department for Fireman Appreciation
- Mt. Morris Police Appreciation
- Geneseo United Methodist Church
- Batavia Holland Land Office Museum
- Steuben Arc Pen Pal Letters
- Breast Cancer Awareness Fundraiser Baskets
Partner Spotlight: Mount Morris Dam & Recreation Area
“While learning and enhancing life and career skills, Arc volunteer efforts have truly enriched the experience of tens of thousands of visitors who recreate here each year by helping to provide a safe, clean, family friendly recreational environment.”
– Steve Winslow, Manager, US Army Corps of Engineers
- 780 Arc volunteers since 2012
- 5,300 total work hours
- Excellence in Partnership Award (2016)
- Jobs include grounds work, baking, event promotion